Now taking orders for January's colorway, Pretty Rickey! Or sign up for two months of yarn!

Now taking subscriptions for July!

June 3, 2013

I've had "June is Busting Out All Over" stuck in my head for the last four days, which can only mean one thing: it's time to officially open Tipsy Sheep for subscriptions!

Each shipment will consist of:

  • 1 100g skein  (approx 464 yards) of hand-painted yarn in a colorway inspired by the cocktail of the month.  The yarn is a fingering/sock weight in a 75/25 blend of superwash wool and nylon that is SUPER soft but has enough strength to make for a good sock.  And because it's superwash, it's machine washable, which was a must for me as I was shopping for yarns. (I loathe and despise handwashing.)
  • Dyers notes about how the cocktail's ingredients translated into the colors used, and funny anecdotes about the dyeing process which, yes, includes me drinking the inspiration.
  • Instructions for an interesting technique (such as fun cast-ons and edge finishes).
  • The recipe for the inspirational cocktail, which will be printed on the yarn label.
  • There may or may not be candy. Just sayin'.
For now, there's a cap of 20 subscribers per month, because I've never produced this volume of yarn before and can't really understand how much work it will be until I'm elbow deep in dye and tears.  You can subscribe for just this month or for the full 4-month planned run, which is as follows:


July - Cosmopolitan
August - Mint Julep
September - White Russian
October - Kir de Reddit (a variation on the Kir Imperial suggested by reddit user SewHappyKnits)

One month's subscription cost is $25, which includes everything above plus shipping. Your package will ship on the first of the month (or the first weekday of the month, no post on Sundays) with all of the goodies above enclosed.  So the first cocktail (Cosmo) will ship on July 1, Mint Julep on August 1, etc.

After 4 months, I may continue to do a monthly yarn club mailing to introduce people to new colors as I develop them, or go straight to a store model, or maybe some combination of the two.  It really depends on you guys and what you're interested in.

After each month's shipment, subscriptions will open up for the following month and will stay open until all slots are filled.

Current slots for July: 13

Just pick your option from the PayPal button:



1 comment:

  1. Such a brilliant idea! Now I don't have to go out of my way to get that perfect shade of yarn that I am looking for. And if the spirit moves me ( and if I don't have to count rows ;-) then sipping the beverage of the month will take that level of relaxation that only knitting can provide, and kick it up a notch...or down, as the case might be!

    ReplyDelete