Now taking orders for January's colorway, Pretty Rickey! Or sign up for two months of yarn!

Integrating Twitter!

September 16, 2013

TL;DR: Guess I've got a twitter feed now.

During the looooooooooooong drive back from SF to Portland this weekend, Dear Hubby and I started talking about Twitter and how I truly don't understand the point of it. I've never been one to follow celebrity gossip, let alone celebrities themselves. I joined Twitter about a year ago to make one and only one tweet: to Neil Gaiman, inviting him to our wedding. He never responded. (We'd had dinner with him early in our relationship, thanks to some of hubby's parents' ties to the Arts and Lectures board at UCSB, and he signed a bunch of books to BOTH of us, thereby ensuring that we would be together forever.)

I told Hubby that a bunch of people had recommended I create a twitter feed for Tipsy Sheep, and that I couldn't imagine what I would tweet about. "Dyeing yarn." "Still dyeing yarn." "Hey guess what, the yarn's dyed." How boring would that be!?

And then Hubby - who has always been in front of me on the curve of technology - said that it was possible to integrate Blogger and Twitter so that when I write something here, a tweet is generated that automatically links to the new post.  That way people can get updates right in their twitter feed and don't have to check the blog every day to see if there's something new.

It kind of blew my mind.

So, awesome readers, if you have a Twitter account, you can now follow me @tipsysheepyarn (there's a button in the column to the right) and the miracle of technology will tell you when this most fabulous of blogs is updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment