The yarn is mainly a cool, bright blue reminiscent of a glacial lake; a deep arctic ocean blue forms a small area of lowlight, while a streak of gradiated lime, lemon yellow, and bright orange creates a bright and lively contrast. It's like a Bob Ross winter seascape you can knit with. The cocktail itself is a variation on the classic Long Island Ice Tea, using blue curacao to give it its signature color and flavor, and a splash of lemon-lime soda to make it sparkle.
Within each shipment you will find:
- 100g (approximately 463 yards) of soft, durable, and machine-washable fingering weight yarn in a blend of 75% superwash merino and 25% nylon.
- A peek into the process with dyers notes about how the cocktail's ingredients translated into the colors used, and funny anecdotes ... and, yes, me drinking the inspiration.
- Learn an interesting new technique (such as fun cast-ons and edge finishes).
- Learn to make the signature cocktail yourself - the recipe is right inside the yarn label!
- I am addicted to candy, and you should be, too. Allow me to enable you.
As with previous colorways, only 20 will be produced in the first run. You can choose to receive just the Alaskan Ice Tea, or sign up for 3 months and get one ball of new yarn each month until February! If you go for the 3 month option, you will receive:
December: Alaskan Ice Tea - see above.
January: Pretty Rickey - pale peaches and pinks, rich cherry red, and flecks of lime
February: Tequila Sunrise - a smooth gradient of sunny yellow to orange to pinkish red
Each month is $25 for US customers, with the 3-month option being $75 - it includes everything listed above plus shipping costs. International customers, please select the international option from the drop down menu. All yarn goes out on the first of each month!
Sign up soon, as only a limited number of skeins are available!