Now taking orders for January's colorway, Pretty Rickey! Or sign up for two months of yarn!

So pretty! ... Now what?

July 4, 2013

So a couple weeks ago I posted about a KnitPicks promotion for a free ball of the Brava acrylic yarn.  Well I totally bought one. It got here a while ago but I was so busy getting Cosmo ready to ship that I didn't even open the box until this morning.  And ooooOOOoooohhh...

A week of 80 degree, super sunny weather and today it's too 
overcast for good pictures. Thanks, Portland.

I got the worsted weight Brava in Peacock, and it's a little bit more teal than the photo above shows.  I'm loving this color... but I have no idea what to make with it.

I'd originally planned to make the adorable Star Crossed Slouchy Beret from Ravelry, but upon reading the pattern realized that it wasn't, in fact, written for worsted weight yarn. Oops.  It's written for Aran weight, which is somewhere between worsted and bulky and is, for some reason, insanely hard to find.  A thicker worsted would probably be passable for the pattern but Brava is pretty much a middle-of-the-road, straight worsted weight.

Plus I think my head is a funny shape and that this beret might make me look like a muppet.

So it's back to browsing Ravelry for hours on end to find just the right pattern. Oh the horror. Someone save me from this torment.


No comments:

Post a Comment