As stated before, your shipment will consist of:
- 1 100g skein (approx 464 yards) of hand-painted yarn in a colorway inspired by the cocktail of the month. The yarn is a fingering/sock weight in a 75/25 blend of superwash wool and nylon that is SUPER soft but has enough strength to make for a good sock. And because it's superwash, it's machine washable, which was a must for me as I was shopping for yarns. (I loathe and despise handwashing.) The yarn compares most favorably to KnitPicks Stroll Fingering.
- Dyers notes about how the cocktail's ingredients translated into the colors used, and funny anecdotes about the dyeing process which, yes, includes me drinking the inspiration.
- Instructions for an interesting technique (such as fun cast-ons and edge finishes).
- The recipe for the inspirational cocktail, which will be printed on the yarn label.
- There may or may not be candy. Just sayin'.
The cap remains at 20 subscribers per month. If you choose to sign up for the 3-month option, you'll receive packages for:
August - Mint Julep
September - White Russian
October - Kir de Reddit (a variation on the Kir Imperial suggested by reddit user SewHappyKnits)
Each month is $25, with the 3-month option being $75 - it includes everything listed above plus shipping costs.
The Mint Julep is a beautiful luminous golden green, which be reflected heavily in this month's colorway. There will also be flashes of warm brown to represent the bourbon and deep greens to represent the color of the mint leaves. This will be a slightly more mellow colorway than Cosmopolitan, with subtle tonal variations interrupted by smaller bursts of more saturated colors.
Hopefully this all sounds intriguing to you so...