Now taking orders for January's colorway, Pretty Rickey! Or sign up for two months of yarn!

I bet you didn't know I make t-shirts, too.

August 7, 2013

I didn't spend a billion freaking years getting my art degree and not learn a little something about design.  I know a lot of people who follow this blog are nerds for more than just knitting (I'm looking at you, Game of Thrones people), so I figured since I'm doing all kinds of self-promotion this week, I'd share a few of my shirt designs.

Here's my most recent one, inspired by the work of Karen Hallion, who creates beautiful crossover art of Doctor Who and the Disney Princesses. I created my own little crossover between Doctor Who and Game of Thrones: Daenerys meets the little blue box...

You and me. Fire and Blood. You watch us run.

I'm also a huge fan of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series, which you should really read if you're at all in to urban fantasy. A much-beloved but oft-overlooked hero of this series is the Blue Beetle, the stalwart steed of protagonist Harry Dresden. Putt-putt-putting for great justice (in between trips to the repair shop).

How a  wizard who describes himself as close to 7 feet tall fits into a VW bug, I'll never understand.

Finally, I give you one design that has nothing to do with pop culture and everything to do with motivation.  I took up running recently in an effort to get in better shape (before a heatwave sapped all will to do any sort of physical activity). Sometimes it's hard to push through and finish a run, so I started imagining various things were either chasing me or waiting for me at the finish line. Here's the first of a whole series I have planned:

If his vision is based on movement, you'd better be able to haul ass.

Those are probably my favorite designs, but I've got a bunch more that I've made over the last 6 months or so. Here's a thingamabob the shirt website made to show you:



Thanks, handy-dandy RedBubble slideshow widget thingy. You're a champ.

Don't worry, I'm not going to turn this blog into a giant sales pitch. Just wanted to share.  I'm fairly proud of most of those designs (the Game of Thrones/Doctor Who one took forever and I just love it) and figured you might get a kick out of seeing them. I'm thinking of putting a small banner in the sidebar or at the bottom of the page, but if you think that's a bad idea or would be annoying, please tell me.

Later this week I'll be posting a review of the Interweave collection, Unofficial Harry Potter Knits 2013, which I purchased a few days ago. Spoiler alert: If you're thinking of getting it, please do, because it's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment