Now taking orders for January's colorway, Pretty Rickey! Or sign up for two months of yarn!

Pictures of all the things!

October 15, 2013

Now that the last ball of KdR is safely in the hands of its new owner (be sure to feed and water it regularly and take it for nice long walks!), I've updated the official gallery post.  I'll be putting KdR as well as the other colorways from Round 1 up for sale in a shop early next month.

I've also spent the last few days dividing and skeining Blue. I'm about halfway through the second kilo now, and haven't made the labels yet, but this colorway is just too pretty not to share.

Although the cocktail for this month is called "Blue," the actual finished color of the drink is mostly a strawberry pink, a result of the pale blue of the blueberry liqueur mixing with the natural orange of the OJ.  Since strawberry is also a dominant flavor in the cocktail, I made a soft pink a dominant color in this yarn.  I also spent a long time experimenting with this one, trying to mix just the right shade of blue to represent the blueberry element of the cocktail, and I think I finally got it.  It's a navy blue with faint purple undertones, almost the exact same shade as a ripe blueberry. The transitions between the navy blue and pink fade to this really lovely lavender color that reminds me of summer sunsets - very fitting, considering that this cocktail basically tastes like summer in a glass.  I kept the orange and lemon yellow elements rather small, with a smooth gradient between them, further reinforcing that sunset feel.


Without further adieu, here are some pics of the yarn!



A close-up of the fiber - pink and blue dominate, with hints of lemon and orange to brighten things up.


The whole skein! Sorry for the lack of label, but I was too excited to wait any longer!


If you like what you see and haven't placed your order yet, you can do so via the link at the top or by clicking HERE.  This one is selling fast, as are slots for Part Deux!

No comments:

Post a Comment