Now taking orders for January's colorway, Pretty Rickey! Or sign up for two months of yarn!

Mint Julep preview!

July 20, 2013

I know a lot of the original Tipsy Sheep supporters are huge fans of the Mint Julep and it was one of the most requested colorways when I first brought up the idea.  I spent a lot of time doing samples trying to capture this particular cocktail and hopefully it's up to your exacting standards.

Apparently I feel the same way about my yarn dyes as I do about my paintings: by the time I'm done with them, I kind of hate them.  It takes a lot of time for me to like a painting after it's finished, and to stop obsessing over the flaws.  When it comes to yarn, it takes re-skeining from the big hanks into the 100g skeins for me to really be able to see it.  Something about the way the colors interact on the smaller scale makes the yarn appear fresh and new and beautiful to my eyes, and I fall in love with it all over again.  It's like magic. Wooly, delicious magic.

So without further ado, I'm going to put a preview image of Mint Julep behind this jump. Hope you like it!




Golds, greens, and just a squidge of warm brown.

And if you really like it and haven't signed up to receive it yet, here's the PayPal button:

Sign up for August or for 3 full months!



There are still 12 spots left for the August mailing! More info on what each mailing includes, and a list of future colorways, can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment