As stated before, your shipment will consist of:
- 1 100g skein (approx 464 yards) of hand-painted yarn in a colorway inspired by the cocktail of the month. The yarn is a fingering/sock weight in a 75/25 blend of superwash wool and nylon that is SUPER soft but has enough strength to make for a good sock. And because it's superwash, it's machine washable, which was a must for me as I was shopping for yarns. (I loathe and despise handwashing.) The yarn compares most favorably to KnitPicks Stroll Fingering.
- Dyers notes about how the cocktail's ingredients translated into the colors used, and funny anecdotes about the dyeing process which, yes, includes me drinking the inspiration.
- Instructions for an interesting technique (such as fun cast-ons and edge finishes).
- The recipe for the inspirational cocktail, which will be printed on the yarn label.
- There may or may not be candy. Just sayin'.
The cap remains at 20 subscribers per month. If you choose to sign up for the 2-month option, you'll receive packages for:
September - White Russian
October - Kir de Reddit (a variation on the Kir Imperial suggested by reddit user SewHappyKnits)
Each month is $25, with the 2-month option being $50 - it includes everything listed above plus shipping costs.
The White Russian is a soft, warm, creamy off-white color, which will be featured heavily in this month's colorway. There will also be areas of coffee and chocolate browns to represent the Kahlua liqueur that gives the White Russian it's sweet signature flavor. There will also be small areas of yarn left completely undyed, leaving the soft white of the bare fiber to represent the cream in the cocktail. Like the Mint Julep, this will be a mellow, subtle colorway with smooth color transitions and smaller bursts of heavily saturated color.
Hopefully this all sounds appealing so...