As stated before, your shipment will consist of:
- 1 100g skein (approx 464 yards) of hand-painted yarn in a colorway inspired by the cocktail of the month. The yarn is a fingering/sock weight in a 75/25 blend of superwash wool and nylon that is SUPER soft but has enough strength to make for a good sock. And because it's superwash, it's machine washable, which was a must for me as I was shopping for yarns. (I loathe and despise handwashing.) The yarn compares most favorably to KnitPicks Stroll Fingering.
- Dyers notes about how the cocktail's ingredients translated into the colors used, and funny anecdotes about the dyeing process which, yes, includes me drinking the inspiration.
- Instructions for an interesting technique (such as fun cast-ons and edge finishes).
- The recipe for the inspirational cocktail, which will be printed on the yarn label.
- There may or may not be candy. Just sayin'.
The cap remains at 20 subscribers per month.
The cost for this month is $25, which includes all of the above plus shipping.
The Kir de Reddit was the suggestion of redditor /u/SewHappyGeek and is a variation on the Kir Imperial; it mixes rose champagne, creme de cassis, and raspberry liquer. The finished cocktail is this amazing warm pinkish purple plum-y color, which forms the cornerstone of this colorway. There are also areas of deep bluish purple to reflect the black currant flavors of the creme de cassis, and rich tones of raspberry for the raspberry liqueur. Rose champagne comes in many colors, from deep berry reds to peachy oranges, so I chose a middling blush and a bright peach to bring in the champagne and to add a pop of color to the finished yarn. Overall this is a very balanced colorway, with areas of highly saturated color giving way to more muted tones and just a few pops of brightness to create areas of visual interest.
Hopefully this all sounds appealing so...